Frequently Asked Questions

Why choose GPE?

GPE has over 110 years of experience fabricating sanitary stainless steel processing equipment. Our expertise, service, and durability are respected in the industry, most notably in our list of satisfied and repeat customers.


What makes GPE different?

We care about our customers. We provide them with experienced people, extraordinary ongoing service, certified quality, an exceptional warranty and durable products that stand the test of time.

Which industries does GPE provide service to?

We service food & beverage, pharmaceutical & biotech, personal care & healthcare, cosmetic & cosmeceutical, animal food & health, and industrial & chemical industries. GPE is the leader in process equipment for sauces, candies, soups, toothpaste, lipstick, lotions and creams / topiderms and many other products. Our experience and service in these industries is unsurpassed.

What GPE products and services are best known?
GPE’s heavy duty agitation, mixing and heat transfer process equipment is known across many industries for its durability. Special hemispheres, dished, conical, and horizontal vessels are manufactured to our customers’ needs. GPE’s superior craftsmen can produce a multitude of finishes and electropolishing capabilities including our signature mirror finish. GPE is a one-stop shop that provides versatility and unsurpassed experience in building processing vessels. Visit our process equipment section of the website or contact us for more information.


Does GPE have new products?

The re-establishing of the DR Dual Rototex scrape surface heat exchanger is a GPE product, which is now a division of Lee Industries. The new 45-degree incline agitated kettle was especially made for various food products such as coatings, syrups, soups, fruit juices, toffee and caramel. Download the DR Series Brochure.

Does GPE have kettles and tanks in stock?

GPE has various new and demo units available. Please contact us for more information.


What is the difference between a kettle and a tank?

A kettle traditionally has a hemispherical bottom while a tank has a dished/cone or pitched bottom.

What information do I need to have in order to get a quotation for a new kettle/tank?

Please complete our quote request form or contact us.


Who are the contacts for kettles, tanks and agitation?

The contacts are Pat Coval, Bill Spicher and Tim Knob. Please see the contact us section of our website for territory coverage.


Who is the contact for ball valves?

John Weaver.


What is required to place an order?

A GPE sales representative can assist you with the purchasing process. Please contact us for more information.

What is the largest tank that GPE can fabricate?

GPE has built tanks up to 30,000 gallons.

What is the smallest tank that GPE can fabricate?

A five-gallon tank.

What materials of construction are available?

GPE process equipment is constructed of stainless steel and stainless steel alloys.

What are the jacket pressure ratings available?

We custom fabricate to the needs of our customers. Please contact us for more information.


Are GPE’s sanitary valves 3-A Sanitary Certified?


What is typical fabrication time?

Fabrication time averages eight to 20 weeks, depending on configuration.


Can I get parts for my old GPE kettle?

Yes. Parts are available for any kettle GPE built from as far back as 1907.


Can GPE refurbish kettles?

Yes. We often do refurbishing and refinishing of old kettles.

Does GPE repair existing units?

Yes. GPE provides repair services both in-house and on-site to GPE equipment as well as equipment manufactured by other companies.

Does GPE have field service?

Yes. We travel across the United States and internationally. We work on GPE and Lee Industries process equipment, and we often provide service on other companies’ process equipment as well. We are fully ASME and CE certified for repair and alteration work.


Who is the contact for parts and field service?

Georgiann Way.

What manuals, documentation and drawings are available for existing kettles, tanks and agitation?

We have extensive records for each unit manufactured by GPE dating back to 1907.


What is the cost of manuals, documentation and drawings for existing kettles, tanks and agitation?

This varies depending on your specific needs, please contact us to get more information.


Does GPE have a test lab?

Yes. We have various quick disconnect and hookup demonstration equipment available to our customers to utilize for testing various applications.


Can GPE fabricate an agitator for another company’s kettle or tank?

Yes. Please contact us for more information.


Can GPE supply references?

Yes. We have a long list of valued clients who are proud to use GPE process equipment in their plants. Feel free to contact us for more information.

Where is GPE located? How do I get there?

GPE has two locations. Cary, Illinois serves as a complete Process Design, Engineering and Sales office. Philipsburg, Pennsylvania serves as our primary manufacturing facility, as well as corporate headquarters. Please visit our directions page for more information.


What hotel choices are there in the area?

There are many hotels within the State College area that have easy access to our location. Please contact us and we can make a suggestion.


Are credit cards accepted?

Yes. All major credit cards are accepted.